Main Article Content
Product quality and productivity are the keys to success for various production systems in the manufacturing world. The phenomenon that occurs in the production process at a manufacturing company located in the Jababeka I Cikarang industrial area is product failure because it does not comply with the standards set by the company. Continuous improvement needs to be done in both production control and quality control, and the implementation of Total Quality Management to reduce the number of product failures and the delivery of OK products to the next process is timely. This study aims to determine how much influence production control and quality control have on the quantity of failed products and how much influence the implementation of total quality management has on Product Failure in the Machining Department. The type of research used is quantitative, and research data were obtained from a sample of 150 respondents. Employees are selected randomly and proportionally in the production department. Data collection includes observation, distributing questionnaires, and literature study. Data processing using the Equation Modeling (SEM) program using the AMOS V.24 program. This study found that Production Control, Quality Control, Total Quality Management have a significant effect on Product Failure. The analysis of the full model shows the study results that the full model meets the goodness of fit. The results of the CR and VE tests showed that the value of (CR & VE) 1st CFA of the Production Control variable (1.0 & 0.9); 1st CFA Quality Control Variable (0.8 & 0.6); 1nd CFA variable Total Quality Management (0.9 & 0.7) and 1nd CFA variable Product Failure (0.7 & 0.6). Hypothesis testing shows results by following under theoretical studies that Production Control, Quality Control, Total Quality Management have a significant effect on Product Failure.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License.
- Assauri, Sofjan. 2011. Production And Operations Management. Jakarta: FEUI Institute.
- Carter, William K. 2009. Cost Accounting. 14th ed. Jakarta: Four Salemba.
- Cyril, Rian. 2012. "Defective Product Quality Control With Kaizen Approach And Problem Analysis With Seven Tools." Proceedings of the National Seminar on Application of Science and Technology (SNAST).
- Dinata, Ricky; Suwarto. 2016. "The Influence of Total Quality Management on Product Defects in the Labeling and Packaging Department at PT. Great Giant Pineapple Central Lampung." DERIVATIVES 148(1):148–62.
- Ferdinand, Augusty. 2014. Management Research Methods. Semarang: BP Diponegoro University.
- Gaspersz, Vincent. 2001. Total Quality Management . Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utam.
- Ghozali, Imam. 2017. Structural Equation Model Concepts and Applications With the AMOS 24 Program. Semarang: Diponegoro University Publishing Agency.
- Haryono, Siswoyo. 2017. SEM Method For Management Research With AMOS LISREL PLS. Lucia Metro Media.
- Julianti, Silvi and Haryadi, Dudi. 2019. "The Effect of Maintenance and Quality Control on the Level of Failed Products at PT. Genesis (Case Study in the Printing Book Production Division)." SOCIOHUMANITY XX1(Issue 2):166–88.
- Lodewijks, John. 2008. "Structural Equation Models." International Encyclopedia of The Social Sciences 178–80.
- Pambudy, Akhlis Priya. 2017. "The Effect of Production Control on the Failure of Songkok Products at Ud. The Light of the Pandantoyo Star, Central Kalimantan, Lamongan Regency." Ekbis Journal 17(1):12. doi:10.30736/ekbis.v17i1.72.
- Purwaji, Agus, Wibowo and Sabarudin, Muslim. 2016. Cost Accounting . Jakarta: Four Salemba.
- Ramadiani. 2010. "SEM And LISREL For Multivariate Analysis." Journal of Information Systems (JSI) 2(1):179–88.
- Santoso, Singgi. 2018. Basic Concepts And Applications Of SEM With Amos 24. Jakarta: Alex Media Kumputindo.
- Please, Ulber. 2012. Social Research Methods . Bandung: PT. Aditama Refika.