Main Article Content
This research determines the civil servant's career development after implementing the merit system in the East Java Provincial Government. This research took place at the East Java Province Regional Personnel Agency in Planning, Procurement, Data Processing, and ASN Information Systems. The descriptive qualitative approach was used in this study to determine professional personnel management with civil servant placement and government officials by applying performance competencies and track records as measurement instruments. However, the merit system has not been optimized by the Regional Government. If this system is fully implemented, local governments can obtain professional figures who have good performance. The practices that come off are the politicization of the State Civil Apparatus (ASN). The new regional leader usually exposes the staff along with their acquaintance or election success team. Everything is still related to returning the favor or revenge. So, it is necessary to apply a merit system in independent Local Government administration that is KKN-free. This research explored how the Merit System implementation in State Civil Apparatuses affects career growth and how the elements influencing Merit System application can increase transparency in ASN career development. The goal of this research is to create a professional environment within the regional government.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License.
- Balfour, D.L. 2005. Reforming the Public Service: The Search for a New Tradition, Public Administration Review, Vol. 57, No. 5, pp 439-462.
- Hickman, G.R. and Lee, D.S. 2001. Managing Human Resources in the Public Sector: A Shared Responsibility, Harcourt College Publisher, Fort Worth.
- Komisi Aparatur Sipil Negara. 2018. Laporan Tahunan Komisi Aparatur Sipil Negara. Jakarta : Komisi Aparatur Sipil Negara
- Marthen, R., & Polidu, I. (2010). Kepegawaian Daerah Kabupaten Gorontalo Utara ., 1–14.
- Meyrina, R. S. A. (2016). Implementasi Peningkatan Kinerja Melalui Merit Sistem Guna Melakanakan Undang-Undang Aparatur Sipil Negara No. 5 Tahun 2014 Di Kementerian Hukum Dan HAM. Pedagogia, 10(no.2, juli 2016), 175–185. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781107415324.004
- Moonti, R. M., Ismail, N., Karepoan, J. K., & Djanggih, H. (2018).
- Pelaksanaan Pengukuran Prestasi Kerja Terhadap Aparatur Sipil Negara (ASN) di Dinas Pertanian Provinsi Gorontalo. Jurnal Ilmiah Kebijakan Hukum, 12(2), 151.
- Septiana, dkk. 2019. Penilaian Penerapan Sistem Merit dalam Manajemen ASN di Instansi Pemerintah Tahun 2019. Jakarta : Komisi Aparatur Sipil Negara.
- Simamora, H. 1995. Manajemen Sumberdaya Manusia. Bagian Penerbitan STIE YKPN Yogyakarta.
- Undang-Undang Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 tentang Aparatur Sipil Negara (ASN)
- Woodard, C.A. 2005. Merit by Any Other Name: Reframing the Civil Service First Principle, Public Administration Review Vol 65, No. 1, pp 109-116.