Main Article Content
Job satisfaction is important because it can form an atmosphere of togetherness, a healthy organizational climate and high morale. Thus the goals of an organization can be achieved. To create job satisfaction, it is necessary to design a job using a job characteristics model called the job characteristics theory. In addition, empowerment and promotion are needed. This study aimed to examine the effect of job characteristics, empowerment, and promotion on job satisfaction. The sample of this research is students who are already working, employees and lecturers of the Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Wijaya Kusuma Surabaya, with the following criteria: at least they have worked in the same place for two years. The sample size is 109 people. The analysis technique used is multiple linear regression. Before testing the hypothesis, the validity and reliability tests are first carried out. The results of the validity and reliability test show valid and reliable results. The results of hypothesis testing indicate that job characteristics and job promotions have a significant effect on job satisfaction, while empowerment has no significant effect on job satisfaction. Therefore, companies/agencies need to improve job characteristics through intensive and varied training so that employee skills vary and provide fair and open promotions. To increase empowerment, it is necessary to give responsibility and authority to workers to make decisions. The results of the validity and reliability test show valid and reliable results.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License.
- Chao, K.L. 2010. Relationship among organizational commitment, job characteristic, job satisfaction, and turnover intention within kindergatens: an empirical study in Malaysia. Early Childhood Education Research, 44(1): 179-204
- Chasanah, N. 2008. Analisis pengaruh empowerment, self efficacy dan budaya organisasi terhadap kepuasan kerja dalam meningkatkan kinerja karyawan, Tesis Semarang: Undip
- Djastuti, Indi. 2011. Pengaruh Karakteristik Pekerjaan Terhadap Komitmen Organisasi Karyawan Tingkat Manajerial Perusahaan Jasa Konstruksi di Jawa Tengah.Jurnal Bisnis dan Akuntansi. Vol 13 No. 1 April 2011. Hlm 1-19.
- Gibson, James John M, Ivancevich and James H, Donnelly, Jr. 2000. Organizations, Boston: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Hackman, J.R. & Oldham, G.R. 1975. Development of the job diagnostic survey. Journal of Applied Psychology, 60(2): 159 - 170
- Luthans, Fred. 1998. Organizational Behavior, Eleventh edition. Singapore: Mc Growth-Hill Book co.
- Robbins, Stephen. P. 2002. Prinsip-Prinsip Perilaku Organisasi. Jakarta: Erlangga.
- Simanjutak, H.V. 2018. Faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhi kepuasan kerja dosen pada Universitas Trunajaya Bontang, JURNAL PROMOSI: Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi UM Metro. Vol.6. No.1: 89-102
- Thomas, K.W. & Velthouse, B.A. 1990. Cognitive Elements of Empowerment: an Enterpretative Model of Intrinsic Task Motivation, Academy of Management Review, Vol:15, p: 4-666.
- Wahyudi, Bambang. 2002, Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Penerbit SULITA, Bandung