Main Article Content
This research aims to understand how aspects of innovation orientation influence marketing communication strategies and ultimately contribute to the marketing performance of women entrepreneurs. The empirical analysis was conducted using a sample of 120 entrepreneurs in micro, small, and medium enterprises in the culinary sector. This study used an online survey for data collection. After passing reliability and validity tests, the data were analyzed with partial least squares structural equation modeling. The research results indicate that innovation orientation has a significant positive direct influence on marketing communication. Innovation orientation also has a significant direct positive influence on marketing performance. Furthermore, self-motivation has a significant positive direct influence on marketing performance. Finally, marketing communication also has a significant positive influence on marketing performance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License.
- Aksoy, H. (2017). How do innovation culture, marketing innovation and product innovation affect the market performance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)? Technology in Society, 51, 133–141.
- Baruch, Y., & Holtom, B. C. (2008). Survey response rate levels and trends in organizational research. Human Relations, 61(8), 1139–1160.
- Birru, W. T., Runhaar, P., Zaalberg, R., Lans, T., & Mulder, M. (2019). Explaining organizational export performance by single and combined international business competencies. Journal of Small Business Management, 57(3), 1172–1192.
- Bodlaj, M. (2010). The impact of a responsive and proactive market orientation on innovation and business performance. Economic and Business Review, 12(4), 2.
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(1), 39–50.
- Ghozali, I., & Latan, H. (2015). Partial Least Squares Konsep, Teknik dan Aplikasi Menggunakan Program SmartPLS 3.0 Untuk Penelitian Empiris. Semarang: Universitas Diponegoro.
- Hair, J. F., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2011). PLS-SEM: Indeed a silver bullet. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 19(2), 139–152.
- Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2015). A new criterion for assessing discriminant validity in variance-based structural equation modeling. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 43(1), 115–135.
- Jr, J. F. H., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., Black, W. C., & Anderson, R. E. (2018). Multivariate Data Analysis. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119409137.ch4
- Kartika, H. (2021). The Role Of Social Media Marketing, Product Innovation And Market Orientation On Marketing Performance: An Empirical Study On SMEs In Banten. International Journal of Social and Management Studies, 2(5), 1–10.
- Latan, H., Jose, C., Jabbour, C., Beatriz, A., & Sousa, L. De. (2020). Social Media as a Form of Virtual Whistleblowing : Empirical Evidence for Elements of the Diamond Model. Journal of Business Ethics, (0123456789). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-020-04598-y
- Nakos, G., Dimitratos, P., & Elbanna, S. (2019). The mediating role of alliances in the international market orientation-performance relationship of SMEs. International Business Review, 28(3), 603–612.
- Pisicchio, A. C., & Toaldo, A. M. M. (2021). Integrated marketing communication in hospitality SMEs: analyzing the antecedent role of innovation orientation and the effect on market performance. Journal of Marketing Communications, 27(7), 742–761.
- Porcu, L., del Barrio-García, S., Alcántara-Pilar, J. M., & Crespo-Almendros, E. (2017). Do adhocracy and market cultures facilitate firm-wide integrated marketing communication (IMC)? International Journal of Advertising, 36(1), 121–141.
- Shibia, A. G., & Barako, D. G. (2017). Determinants of micro and small enterprises growth in Kenya. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 24(1), 105–118.
- Tjahjadi, B., Soewarno, N., Nadyaningrum, V., & Aminy, A. (2022). Human capital readiness and global market orientation in Indonesian Micro-, Small-and-Medium-sized Enterprises business performance. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 71(1), 79–99.