Main Article Content
MSME is a form of business carried out by micro, small and medium scale business actors. The development and growth of MSMEs contribute to the economy of a region so that efforts are needed that lead to improving the performance of MSMEs. Likewise, traditional food MSMEs in Bendungan Village, Gajahmungkur District, Semarang, which have contributed to absorbing labor in the field of entrepreneurship. Related to the above, this study aims to analyze (1) the effect of entrepreneurial characteristics on management ability, (2) the effect of entrepreneurial characteristics on entrepreneurial competence, (3)the influence of entrepreneurial characteristics on the performance of SMEs,(4)influence management ability ton the performance of SMEsAnd(5)influence of entrepreneurial competence ton the performance of SMEs. The research population is MSME actors who do business in the field of traditional food in the Bendungan Village, Gajahmungkur District, Semarang City. This study used 88 data from MSME respondents who came from the answers to the questionnaire. The analysis tool uses Partial Least Square (PLS). The results of the study show that entrepreneurial characteristics influence management ability, entrepreneurial competence and MSME performance. Furthermore, management capabilities and entrepreneurial competencies are proven to be able to improve MSME performance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License.
- Ajzen, Icek (1991). The Theory of Planned Behavior. Journal of Organizational BehaviorandHuman Decision Processes,Vol.50, 179–211.
- Ajzen, I., 2008. Attitudes and Attitude Change. Psychology Press: WD Cranoeds
- Assael, H., 2001, 6th ed., Consumer Behavior and Marketing Action, New York University: South Western College Publishing.
- Ardiana, IDKR, IA Brahmayanti & Subaedi. 2010. SME HR Competence and Its Influence on SME Performance in Surabaya. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, 12(1), 42-55.
- Ghozali, I. 2008. Structural Equation Modeling: Alternative Method with Partial Least Square. Semarang: Diponegoro University Publishing Agency.
- Ghozali, I., & Latan, H. 2015. Partial Least Square, Concepts, Techniques and Applications Using the SmartPLS 3.0 Program for Empirical Research. Semarang: Diponegoro University Publishing Agency.
- Muryati, 2004, Intensity of Competitive Strategy and Export Performance in the Small Industry of Wood Craft Products in East Java Province, Unpublished Dissertation, PPSUB, Malang
- Riduwan. 2007. Variable Measurement Scale of Research Variables. Alphabet, Bandung.
- Suryana (2003) Entrepreneurship, Salemba Empat: Jakarta.
- Susilo, YS 2010. Strategies for Increasing MSME Competitiveness in Facing the Implementation of CAFTA and MEA. Economic Bulletin, 8(2), 70-170.
- Zimmerer, TW, & Scarborough, NM 2004. Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management. Jakarta: PT. Media Group Index.
- Zulfadil. 2006. Strategic Management, Intrapreneurship and Performance: Survey on KP-RI Secondary Cooperatives. Indonesian Entrepreneur Management, No. 09, TH. XXXV, Sept