Main Article Content
The crime of piracy is transnational; handling it requires bilateral or multilateral cooperation; according to Article 9 (2) of the Republic of Indonesia Law, Number 1 of 2006, only the National Police Chief and the Attorney General can request Mutual Legal Assistance. Still, the Indonesian Navy has applied for Mutual Legal Assistance against the MT Orkim Harmony piracy case. With these facts, this paper tries to see how the efforts of the Central Authority (Polri and Prosecutors) in assisting law enforcement by the Navy and how the implementation of the Mutual Legal Assistance agreement. The research method uses normative law or library research with a statute approach and analyzes the data in this study using qualitative normative analysis. From the results of the study
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License.
- Ali, Mahrus, Fundamentals of Criminal Law, Jakarta: Sinar Graphic, 2015.
- Atmasasmita, Romli, Introduction to International Criminal Law II, Jakarta: Hecca Mitra Utama, 2004.
- ----------, Introduction to International Criminal Law, Bandung: PT Refika Aditama, 2003.
- National Legal Development Agency, Research Report on Comparison of State Rights and Obligations in Providing Mutual Assistance, Jakarta: Center for Research and Development of the National Legal System, 2012.
- Buntoro, Kresno, Juridical Studies on Piracy, Jakarta: Diskum Koarmada I, 2013.
- Cyrer, Robert, Hakan Friman, et all, An Introduction to International Criminal Law and Procedure, Cambridge University Press.
- Indonesian Navy Legal Development Service, “Law Enforcement at Sea and National Defense”, Law Forum Magazine Volume 4 No. 4, Jakarta: Indonesian Navy Legal Development Service, 2007.
- ---------, 2010 Work Program and Budget Implementation Report for the Law of the Sea and Humanitarian Law, Jakarta: Indonesian Navy Legal Development Service, 2010.
- Effendi, Tolib, International Criminal Law, Yogyakarta: Yustisia Library, 2015.
- Louis, Henkin, International Law, Cases and Materials, American Casebook Series, ST, Paul Minn, West Publishing Co., USA, l980.
- Booth Kent, Navies and Foreign Policy, Croom Helm London, 1977.
- Naval Headquarters, Naval Thoughts on Security at Sea (Kamla), Jakarta: Naval Headquarters, 2010.
- Marzuki, Peter Mahmud, Legal Research Revised Edition, Jakarta: Prenadamedia group, 2005.
- Setyawanta R, Tri, Legal Regulations for Combating Piracy and Maritime Piracy in Indonesian Waters, Media Hukum/Vol.V/No1/January - March/2005 No ISSN 1411-3759.
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, 1982
- United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, 2000.
- International Maritime Organization, MSC Circular No. 984
- TZMKO 1939 Stbl. 1939 Number 442
- Indonesia, Government Regulation on the Implementation of the Criminal Procedure Code, PP No. 27 of 1983.
- Indonesia, Indonesian Water Law, Law no. 6 of 1996.
- Indonesia, the law on the Indonesian National Armed Forces, Law no. 34 of 2004.
- Indonesia, Law on Mutual Assistance to Criminal Matters, Law no. 1 of 2006.
- Indonesia, Law on the Ratification of the Treaty on the Mutual Legal Assistance in criminal matters, Law no. 15 of 2008.
- Indonesia, Law on Ratification of Mutual Assistance Agreements in Criminal Matters between the Republic of Indonesia and Viet Nam, Law no. 13 of 2015.
- Annual Report For 1999 And Resource Material Series No. 57, UNAFEI Fuchu,Tokyo,JapanSeptember2001,p.139,http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.11.112.5448&rep=rep1&type=pdf#page=140.
- Chapter VII International legal Cooperation, www.UNODC.org.
- Directorate of Law and Human Rights, www.bphn.go.id/data/documents/lit.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, Combating Organized Transnational Crimes, https://www.kemlu.go.id/id/policy/isu-husus/Pages/ Penanggulangan-Kejahatan-Lintas-Negara-Teroganisir.aspx.
- International Assistance, access http://www.ppsc-sppc.gc.ca/eng/fps-sfp/fpd/ch43.html.
- Journal of Jakarta.com, WFQR and Armabar Arrest Perpetrators of Robbery of MT Orkim Harmony Ship, http://jurnaljakarta.com/berita-5289-wfqr-dan-armabar--tangkap-pelaku-peroban-kapal-mt-orkim-harmony.
- NYUJ Int'l L. & Pol. 649, 2017 New York University Journal of International Law and Politics, accessed http://remote-lib.ui.ac.id:2060/hottopics/lnacademic/
- Svetlana Anggita Prasasthi, Efforts of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia in Mutual Legal Assistance for Criminal Problems (Mutual Legal Assistance – Mla) Against the Return of Assets Abroad from Corruption Crimes (Stolen Asset Recovery), Published in the Journal of Law Volume May 2 2011.
- Waseem Ahmad Qureshi, “The Prosecution of Pirates and the Enforcement of Counter-Piracy Laws Are Virtually Incapacitated by Law Itself”, San Diego International Law Journal 19 San Diego Int'l LJ 95.