It is the statement of ethics for the Pasundan Social Science Development (PASCIDEV) published by the Doctoral Program of Social Science at Pasundan University. This statement was adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) GUIDELINES ON GOOD PUBLICATION PRACTICE and covered the code of ethics for chief editor, editorial board members, reviewers, and authors. This statement is based on:
Articles published in the Pasundan Social Science Development (PASCIDEV) is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge on education, and those are a direct reflection of the writer's and institutions' quality. It is, therefore, necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behaviour for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the authors, the journal editors, the peer reviewers, the publisher, and the society. Editors of the Pasundan Social Science Development (PASCIDEV) are committed to guaranteeing that all procedures are directed merely to facilitate objective and intellectual treatment. Further, the editors and reviewers evaluate manuscripts without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or specific political and group interest. Software is used to avoid plagiarism among the articles.
Duties Of Authors
- Have the responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted. (do not contain plagiarism)
- Must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
- Must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Authors are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if the journal officially accepts their request to withdraw their paper.
- Must inform the Chief Editor or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of the article can be done.
- Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcomings in their work.
Duties Of Reviewers
- Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Reviewers can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Review all submissions objectively, fairly, and professionally.
- Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
- Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
- Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission are at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
Duties Of Editorial Board Members
- Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
- Act as ambassadors for the journal.
- Continuously support and promote the journal.
- Review any work assigned to them.
Duties Of Chief Editor
- Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding documents to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers, and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Give clear instructions to potential contributors to the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.